Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Dealer Operated Territory Manager in Manitoba/Saskatchewan. This is a permanent role within our client's Dealer Operated Channel, and it will be looking after 50-60 Dealer Operated sites across the region.
General Position Definition
The DO Territory Manager (TM) delivers Sales & Operations targets for the territory set by the District Manager through the Dealers and by utilizing the support from other teams (Ops Support, Marketing, Network) to deliver these targets. The Territory Manager (TM) monitors the Territory and site by site performance, provides counselling to underperforming sites, ensures Dealers implement the Retail Customer Value Proposition, and ensures compliance with the site operations/HSSE standards/Brand standards. The TM maintains positive Dealer relationships, coaches them and ensures they achieve their business and personal development targets. The DO Territory Manager actively solicits new profitable accounts and is responsible for volume growth on the Territory. The DO Territory Manager is also accountable to C4 and Volume targets set for the Territory.
Position description - Purpose
As the DO Territory Manager, you are responsible to:
1) Manage the relationship between our client and the Dealer by ensuring consistent delivery of customer commitment.
2) Identify gaps in all aspects of site performance (including service and people) in a geographical area. Coach and counsel Dealers on recommended tools, processes and support to help them deliver the customer commitment at the Retail site and to develop the business for the mutual benefit of both the Dealer and our client.
3) Maximize all sales development potential whilst protecting our client's interests, through the coaching and motivating of Dealers.
4) Deliver Sales & Operations targets for geographical area through regular reviews and appropriate action plans.
5) Manage and maintain a territory plan through planned renewals/renegotiations
6) Actively solicit and sign new profitable accounts (new to industry sites or competitive re-brands)
7) Manage and maintain positive Dealer relationships, supporting Dealers to achieve and maintain top class site performance (including counselling to under-performing sites).
8) Ensure Dealers implement all areas of the customer commitment and ensure compliance with the site operations, HSSE standards, Brand standards, contracts and manuals.
9) Ensure Dealers actions do not damage our client's reputation.
10) Ensure Dealers train and develop their staff, and understands the importance of people in delivering the customer commitment
11) Play a leading role in implementing the local retail strategy in order to secure the best possible network coverage while maximizing the shareholder interests
Â Â Â Â
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Position description - Accountabilities
Develop and maintain a strong HSSE culture within geographical area
Deliver agreed HSSE targets for geographical area
Protect our client's interest by ensuring that all HSSE standards and procedural compliance are adhered to and stakeholder relationships are managed pro-actively
Ensure consistent delivery of customer commitment by managing contract compliance using the territory manager site review (TMSR)
Champion the People Make The Difference Real program and actively improve scores across the Territory
Identify gaps to Dealer competencies and delivery of customer commitment; coach, support and advise Dealers with the aid of appropriate tools
Develop Dealer site alternatives within the territory ensuring best in class Dealer network
Ensure that the Dealer trains and develops their staff, and understands the importance of people in delivering the customer commitment, sharing and coaching on tools and processes as appropriate
Deliver C4, volume and margin targets
Negotiate contract renewals, new contracts and disposals within Territory
Plan and conduct site visits in accordance with call planning cycle tool
Ensure delivery of a competitive pricing position through fuel pricing procedures
Implementation and ongoing support of marketing and network initiatives
Position description - Dimensions
Manage DO sites in a large geographical area with approximately 40 - 45 Dealer accounts.
Renegotiate Dealer contracts and sign new sites according to T&R
Manage C4 and PMTDR Performance on TerritoryÂ
Â Â Â Â Â
Experience and Qualifications required
Experience and Qualifications required
Professional Retail experience and a good overall understanding of the Retail business will be an advantage. Candidates will also be considered if they can show evidence of a professional work style, including conflict handling and strong relationship skills (internal and external) as well as a:
Demonstration of the aspired Enterprise First Behaviors (Leadership, Accountability, Teamwork), Leadership Attributes (Authenticity, Collaboration, Performance, Growth) and core values (Honesty, Integrity, Respect for people)
Proven experience in negotiations, influencing capabilities and solid relationship skills
Strong results oriented team member with excellent communications skills and a strong desire to compete and win
Demonstrable competence in implementing standard processes, achieving sales targets, building relationships and delivering the retail customer commitment
Self-starter and results oriented.Â Strong past performance and track record for delivery.
Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities and multiple parallel activities
Ability to work with ambiguity and uncertainty
High mobility and valid class 5 driver's license
Ability to work according to existing and new processes and standards with the ability to be creative and think out of the box.
Have and ability to deal with pressure, stress and change.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.Apply
Share this job